We are glad to welcome you to Nairascores forum, the ultimate football community on the web. You are currently viewing our board as a guest, however, by registering you would be able to interact with other football fans to debate and discuss latest football news and matches.
Register Now- It's free

Muslim Cleric Wants FIFA To Ban Christian Football Players

Discuss World Cup Russia qualifiers, international friendlies and other major worldwide leagues here.
Nairascores

Muslim Cleric Wants FIFA To Ban Christian Football Players

Mon May 15, 2017 2:41 am

Apparently this Muslim cleric is not comfortable seeing christian players thanking and praising their God after scoring a goal. He wants FIFA to stop football players from making the symbol of the cross on their chest. Anyway the religion professor got served fairly on social media even his own Muslim followers were against him.

A number of people pointed out to the Muslim scholar that a huge amount of players kneel on the ground and kiss the floor in celebration of a goal, mimicking the Islamic prayer.

Alarefe wrote: ‘I’ve seen video clips of athletes, soccer players running, shooting and when they win they make the symbol of the cross on their chests and my question is if FIFA’s rules forbid this.’

While people form all religious backgrounds, including Christianity and Islam responded to his views, many condemned the cleric, saying it incited division.

Sultan Alhusni replied mentioning an Egyptian footballer currently playing for Italian club Roma, and said: ‘I can’t lie. Mohamed Salah and others kneel to pray when they score a goal and no one punishes them. Leave the sport to those who deal with it.’
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Join and let's grow nairascores online football community https://nairascores.com
kendoo

Re: Muslim Cleric Wants FIFA To Ban Christian Football Players

Tue May 16, 2017 7:03 am

Nawaa... These people are really different. So doing sign now is bad in the pitch. The man really need help
Ligaret

Wed May 17, 2017 12:16 am

alfa or whatever you are everyone is entitled to thank God how it suit them, please free christians after all moslems too do their own so what's ur problem
newone

Wed May 17, 2017 2:27 am

Hmm I reserve my comment

Return to “FIFA and Other World Football League Forum”